dinsdag 23 oktober 2012

2011 ColleStefano Verdicchio di Matelica | Marche, Italy

See on Scoop.it - Good Things From Italy - Le Cose Buone d’Italia



My wine tasting earlier this month at Nectar Wine Lounge featured italian wines from across the country. It was featured on Sosh and brought wine lovers together to taste wine from the 3rd largest wine producer in the world. In case you’re interested in joining, I post all my events through britneyhc, so you can follow me there.


The intent here was to keep my guests treading lightly, rather than deep diving into the ocean of wines that originate in Italy. My selection was thoughtful, as I wanted to represent different regions of the country, but also enable you to visit a local wine shop or address a menu and have a reasonable idea of what your selection might be.


The process of picking a great wine is much more enjoyable, memorable and recognizable when you have a point of reference.






2011 ColleStefano Verdicchio di Matelica Marche, Italy


Interesting Italian white with a cult following. I found this wine by chance, and fell in love with the stone fruit, crisp feel, and amazing aroma. This wine is made with organically grown Verdicchio grapes.




See on britswine.com

via Tumblr http://italianentertainment.tumblr.com/post/34180622467