maandag 19 november 2012

Ambling Along the Arno in Autumn

See on Scoop.it - Good Things From Italy - Le Cose Buone d’Italia



Fall is here and the leaves are starting to change color (while the grass remains that amazing shade of green). As I’ve been going for my morning runs along the Arno, I have been thinking “wow, this is really pretty, I should bring my camera sometime.” So, last week I did just that. Instead of running, I walked (but still in my goofy American running clothes) and carried my camera.


On my usual run I go east – headed out of town – those are the majority of the shots – where you don’t see much but trees. But for you I also went west towards the center of town to get some cool building reflections on the water (I usually don’t run that way cause the trail is full of tourists blocking the path [of course, with that view, you can’t blame them]). If you recall from my “Sundays in the Park Revisited” post, this is the same trail along which, should you decide to take a break from running, you can sit at a cafe on the river and have a cappuccino (or other beverage of your choice). Thanks for coming on my walk with me!




See on newmexicotoitaly.wordpress.com

via Tumblr http://italianentertainment.tumblr.com/post/36062330627