dinsdag 11 juni 2013

Le Marche, Italy - Authentic Luxury Travel

See on Scoop.it - Vacanza In Italia - Vakantie In Italie - Holiday In Italy



The first time I went to Italy, I wanted to see the popular cities, but I also wanted to settle in to one of the country’s lesser known places. One by one, I looked at various areas. The fact that I couldn’t find much information online about Le Marche, confirmed my sense that this was the place to go. The long, narrow region stretches down along the Adriatic Sea from not far south of Venice to a spot roughly parallel with Rome. Its western edge is the ridge of the Apennines, the mountain spine that runs the length of the Italian boot.

In the week my husband and I spent exploring Le Marche in our rental car from the north to the south, we never saw a tour bus. We never saw a t-shirt shop. What we did see were so many hill-top medieval and Renaissance fortified villages and castles that we felt deprived when we saw a hilltop that grew trees instead of stone walls and turrets. […]




See on authenticluxurytravel.elizabethhansen.net

via Tumblr http://italianentertainment.tumblr.com/post/52693236024